Dareth Health Care (London, UK) - http://www.darethealthcare.co.uk/
This company took over when the Council privatized care to my elderly mother.
It is to be avoided.
* "Carers" don't show up or only after having spent 10 min talking outside.
* "Carers" don't vacuum clean as paid for because "there is no bag in the VC". The VC is bag-free and it says so in big characters on it.
* Food disappears from the fridge and freezer. On one occasion like 32 frozen meals vanished and mysteriously re-appeared after threatening to get the police involved. (!)
* "Carers" try to take my mother's mobile so when I our their boss would call they could fake being present in the apartment.
* "Carers" don't stick to the care plan: at 4PM still in pyjamas and in bed.
* Communication with the company is horrible. There is no follow up or barely. Tried letters, registered mail, email, fax, landline, mobile, SMS.
* They charge up to 2 hours a month above what is agreed (no contract) in spite of sending them several times reminders about the agreed number of hours. It is extremely unlikely their carers would have been present, let alone done any work or spent quality time with my mother. No written confirmation, even when requested, is ever received. Actually most of the time no reply at all.
* Items break because of neglect: e.g. food is left to dry in a blender.
* The absolute basic is done, if the carers came in. Little or no communication. Just a meal in the microwave, blender and gone. Extra paid hours for cleaning don't seem to have resulted in much: we lost half of the deposit because of the state the carpet was in.
They did manage to organize transport to the hospital on occasion but overall it seems to me a money-grabbing company, unable to attract quality carers (except 1 in the last weeks) with apparently good connections with people in the Council. AVOID !!!!
To reply as a company, please sign up here.