The billing error (in my review below) has got even worse.
After switching our meter readings were ignored for several months and we were billed on estimates despite providing readings.
I noticed in September and it took me two months and more than 10 emails to get this sorted.
Yesterday we were finally billed according to our meter readings. Great. This evening, the bill was issued again BASED ON AN ESTIMATE yet again!!!
This added £70 to the ACTUAL amount we'd used! Within 24 hours!
And to add insult to injury, the amounts due in my account don't match either of my bills!
Now I have two bills in my account for November with FOUR different amounts due, with the most recent being estimates DESPITE emailing since September to get the estimates removed.
To say this company is incompetent is an understatement! I can't wait for my switch to complete and to be rid of this company.
PS. First Utility, before you reply, the customer service representative (SS) who emailed me to sort this didn't bother to give me her email address. She rings during work hours when I can't answer. I've tried to email her back but my emails are just going into the bottomless pit that is the First Utility helpdesk mailbox. I'll pay your November bill when you bill me based on the ACTUAL readings I give you last week. If you don't do this, Ofgem is my next stop.
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and we are sorry for the inconvenience it has caused you. We are striving to improve our customer experience and have taken your comments on board. A member of our Consumer Affairs team has been trying to contact you and we would be grateful if you could respond so we are able to resolve the matter for you.