I have to agree with people who are not happy with this site. The whole thing is a disaster..
- The site is full of dodgy bidders who keep making bids on auctions, with no intention to buy. They win your auctions but you never hear from them. They do not pay, they do not respond to your emails. You end up wasting time. Flippa only do very little about them.
- Customer support is very bad. They have a habit of saying 'No' to everything. They do not try to help, instead they do what is easy for them to do. No matter how good you are as a paying customer..
- If your auction ends with a winner, Flippa take their commission automatically from your Paypal account 15 days later even if you have not been paid by the buyer yet. Some buyers never pay and you have to run a dispute. Flippa refunds your money but it takes Paypal 10 days to put the money back in your account. So, you end up wasting a lot of time.
- If you do not feature your auction on the home page you get very few bids which cause your auction end either without a winner or you end up selling for cheap. If you feature on the home page, it costs $50 and most of the times your listing is only featured less than 24 hours. It is too expensive for such a little time.
- Even though they say each bid is a contract, that is not true.. They do not even have a proper way of identifying true identities of their members. So, it is full of scam.
I did not give 1 star as I still managed to sell some of my websites and domains on Flippa. However, overall I am not satisfied about this website.. Sorry that I spent thousands of $'s on this site..
This site provides a good market, but the fees to sell are too much. When you add Paypal etc. into the equation you will be paying near 10% to them. If your selling an established site, is this service really worth 10% of the time you put into building it?
I recently purchased a website from flippa, at first everything seemed ok but after the money was passed over it seemed that the seller was not too interested,
On doing further research i noticed that the seller was loggin in all the time from Iran,
the website did not function correctly so I kept emailing the seller to resolve this and I would wait over a week for a one line response similar to "I will have a look and let you know" they never did,
I eventually pushed and pushed and managed to get a few things corrected but all along they did not want to know even though in thier listing it saidthey provide full after support, I then advertised the website with google adwords and started to get an ok response to the website with some daily sales, after two weeks of this i recieved an email from the seller saying that I had hit my monthly bandwidth usage and they wanted $100 a month if I wanted to carry on using the site,
I went crazy as the listing stated there was no running costs whatsoever and i was only having 50 people a day visit the site,
at this point I suspected fraud and informed them of this and said I would not pay them what they had asked,
they somehow hacked intot he back office systems of the website and the website management in which they advised me to change the passwords for, and blocked me from using the website and have not given any refund or money back they are simply ignoring me,
I then disputed the sale through flippa as they have a dispute function, well its a total waste of time as thier response was that after payment has been made they do not get involved with disputes !!!!!!! why have a dispute function then ? .......... I am assuming they have a dispute button in order to make people feel like its a safe way to shop but people !!!! its not Flippa will not get involved whatsoever in any dispute, they do not regulate their sellers check address or verify them well you can verify with a voip number which anyone can get, basically what im saying is if you are thinking of buying with flippa then your on your own they could not care, all you can do is leave negative feedback although they can just set up another profile, anyhow I checked on the sellers recent sales and the websites they had sold as you can see and they all have the same address and telephone number on their contact page and their is no answer from the people they have apparnatly sold the site too, all of these sites had left feedback but the sites seem to be inactive and have the same address..... yes you are right, fake feedback !!!!! flippa will let you be scammed and paypal do not protect any transactions that are digital goods or files, so the only hope you have is to charge your card back with your bank if you used that through paypal, I am awaiting the result of that,
basically flippa have allowed someone from Iran to advertise on their website stating they are based in americal with a verified telephone number which does not work when I have tried to call, but the seller is in Iran it shows you after you have purchased things where they are logging in from..... when I have reported fraud....... THEY DONT CARE !!!!! Flippa allow you to be scammed right under their nose and could not care less !!!!!
DO NOT USE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by the way the sellers name is (php coder) but they use various other login names the websites look great and the listing looks good but dont be fooled, be careful of sellers that log in from Iran !!!!
They charge $19 to list your site, then a 10% sale fee which they threaten you to pay EVEN when your buyer hasn't paid you.
There's not regalation and an unsafe website/domain sale environment. eBay and Sedo are the safer option!
Matt Holmes found this review useful
To reply as a company, please sign up here.