Do not be tempted by the seemingly low prices as their products seem to be vaporware. Once they've messed up your order you're then stuffed as they don't answer emails, you can't ring them and the live chat is terrible (I actually think it may be automated as the responses are always the same). I get the feeling this is a one man band sitting behind a few suppliers as the emails point at an individuals Facebook account and not a commercial one. DO NOT GIVE THESE JOKERS YOUR MONEY.
Poor Webb site. Non existent customer service. You can't contact them unless your handing money over. Emails not answered, phones not answered, no one on the not so live ' live chat'. This is the WORST company I've ever used online. Save yourself the hassle.
If I could give zero stars then I would. Ordered a product, they took the money and sent confirmation of delivery within 2-5 working days. 5 days later I then get an email saying:
"Dear Mr. X,
Please find the order comments for your order WEB-XXXXXXXX below :
Please come onto our live chat service regarding your order."
That was all they said. When I get onto live chat you have to sit there and wait for up to 15 mins apparently - and you really do. You have to enter your order number on joining chat so when I got on I expected them to know why they had emailed me - apparently not. Then on checking - no apologies at all, no hint of sympathy at their mistake - "that product is obsolete". No other message. Therefore my reply was simply - "can you please refund me asap". Which they then confirmed the following day.
Net result and thoughts:
1) All these negative reviews are entirely believable and I can concur with them.
2) Being asked to use live chat is shocking - they should pick up the phone if there are problems. The email should aslo explain why I have to go onto live chat and be apologetic if they have made a mistake.
3) Why does it take 5 days to tell me a product still featured on their website is no longer available?
4) I've just lost 6-7 days and still don't have the product I needed
5) When things go wrong, surely the first rule of business is apologise or at least seem sympathetic
6) Live chat is clearly run by someone called Richard who really doesn't have any manners or seem to care.
7) I will NEVER use this company again and would strongly advise nobody else to go near them,
8) They seem to have a relationship with the RYA so I will be writing to them to tell them about my experience too.
9) I have yet to receive my refund, so will post again if this doesn't come back in a timely manner, but not holding my breath.
10) I'm really angry that a company can behave in this way.
I needed a difficult Stainless Steel hardware item to find and they managed after a few minutes of waiting on hold to dig one out for me which they had a while so discounted down. My luck I guess. They seemed fairly knowledgeable.
They delivered quickly my new VHF radio which I am quite pleased with. Packaging used was simple but effective as it kept the product box nice and dry for me despite it raining heavily that day and some other parcels I had were soaked.
My overall experience was quite good, they gave me some useful advise that I had ordered two electrical parts that didnt work together as I had picked the wrong voltage on one when I checked for a delivery estimate and that saved me having to make a return and also would have delayed my little project. Parcel turned up within the time slot I selected and was what I ordered.
To reply as a company, please log in to your business account.