Parts Gateway reviewed by

Peterborough, GB

2 Reviews

trustpilot stars
trustpilot stars
trustpilot stars
trustpilot stars
trustpilot stars

Terrible uncontrolled scrap dealers rip you off

Ordered a part for my car, through parts gateway, it turns out that they are just a leads service to other 'scrap yards' and scrap parts is what i received. I complained and they sent me another scrap part. I spent £15 of my money returning 2 scrap £20 parts to get my £20 back. Out of pocket £15 and now no parts - BE WARNED! When you complain you can only do it via email! I cant believe that a company says they have been trading for 10 years haven't even got a telephone number to log your complaint! Then they wanted to send a cheque refund! after i paid on my card. Unbelivable incompetance and unregulated conmen.
1
Bill Graham found this review useful
    Parts Gateway
    TrustScore 9.3 / 10
    4,644 Reviews

    Reply from Parts Gateway

    To clarify Mark, you were NOT "ripped off" and our 165+ suppliers certainly are NOT "uncontrolled". It is obvious from the site what we are, in our 12 year history we have never purported to be anything other than a platform for trade & private buyers - and trade sellers of car, van & 4x4 parts to meet.

    FYI, 85% of our network members are specialist dismantlers, the other 15% being "1-part" specialists supplying New or Reconditioned items. So, unlike other general breaker based sites, there are NO "scrap yards" on PartsGateway.

    Midland BM (the supplier of your window seals) have been reminded to a) keep a close eye on their pre-dispatch quality checks, and b) refund any orders the same way they were paid initially (ie online = online, debit card over phone = debit card etc).

    Contrary to your statement, the PG site IS heavily policed and "regulated". We would point out that you first brought your issue to our attention on the morning of 29th Jan and we had obtained a full refund of the price you paid from Midland BM on your behalf within 48 hours. This was issued with a full apology from ourselves.

    Sending upwards of 120,000 quotes per month, resulting in 12,000+ orders, we don't advertise our landline number - preferring instead to allow you to document any issue via our Formal Dispute system (which you did use), our Support messaging system (which you used 3 times in 2 days), and Feedback system (your negative feedback from the 29th having been auto-uploaded the same day). Note that you can always contact every supplier on PartsGateway directly - either by phone or online message, to ask questions/ arrange replacements etc as required.

    We can only sincerely apologise once again for your 2 x apparently sub-standard rubber seal orders being dispatched in the first instance, for any delay in refunding , and for any costs you may have incurred returning the items to obtain that refund.

    Regards,

    PG User Support
    Comment (?)