I booked flights from Manchester to Chicago in June with TravelUp on April 28th. 2 days later I got a phone call telling me the price I had been quoted, and which I had paid using my credit card, was unavailable due to 'withdrawal by the airline' (US Airways). The operator, going by the name Steve Johnson said he could get me a 'good deal' on alternative flights the same day, for 'only' £63 more, and as a 'goodwill gesture' he would waive the card charges. At this point I asked for a refund, as I am unable to pay any more until I get paid in 2 weeks time, and by now I wasn't convinced they wouldn't suddenly cancel my flights again. He then sent me through by email details of the new flights, and charges, as well as an offer to cancel the booking - initially telling me it would cost me £33 in cancellation charges. After a couple of emails querying this charge, when I am only cancelling the booking due to TravelUp's inability to honour the booking, I was told I would receive a full refund in '5-7 working days'.
I wait with baited breath...
I only wish I had read some reviews before booking with this company. I was redirected to their site by SkyScanner, a site I have been using to find cheap flights for years, and (somewhat naively, with hindsight) trusted to get me a good deal.
To reply as a company, please log in to your business account.