I have used this company a few times before however I will not be making the same mistake again.
I ordered 10 polo tops on September 14th 2011 and waited for them to supply the goods which arrived on January 13th a whole 4 months later.
I tried to chase the order during this time like so many others with no success over the phone or via their support ticket system, I did receive 1 reply throughout but no apology to date despite speaking with Oliver (The owner) today.
I ordered large polo tops (42-44") just as I have done so in the past but the ones that arrived are far too big measuring at 48" and the company are not willing to do anything about it.
They state that I ordered large and I got large end of story and unable to help any further. One of the live support agents (Nicola) even ended the chat session while I was still talking to her! I suppose it was just after 4 so probably time to go home.
My point is I always order large and the size states 42-44" and they are just the right fit not like the huge 48" ones that they sent out.
I did everything the same as usual while ordering online and made all the same selections as usual so I don't understand why I have received 10 polo tops that are far too big and of no use to me or indeed anyone under 8' tall.
I must have had every excuse under the sun today as to why it was not their fault. I even took a picture of the large size from the previous order placed on top of a large from the new order to show the huge difference in size however this did not help my case one bit.
It was suggested at one point that the picture I had taken was not of 2 large tops (not quite sure if they were suggesting I was lying) or not but from my point of view very frustrating.
Then they suggested that all my previous orders had been wrongly sized and this one is the correct size so they still can not do anything about it as the previous 2 orders at fault not the huge shirts they just sent me.
What a joke, I have ordered their polo tops a few times and select large 42-44" and they fit, I order the same thing as usual and this joke of a company takes 4 months and send the wrong size but won’t do anything about it other than make excuses.
I insisted that they have been mis sold under the sale of goods act and Oliver (the owner) took great delight in advising me that "The sale of goods act excludes personalized goods including embroidered goods"
I was transferred to Nicola for a second opinion and advised her I was on the phone to my local CAB for advice and her reply was "Excellent, please have them deal with this for you and they will contact us if there is a case" just shows how committed this lot are to customer service really.
Poor show Oliver, If I ran my company like that and fobbed people off like you did with me today I would no longer be in business and rightly so.
I have compiled a list of excuses they gave me taken from the live support transcript before they cut me off.
1) 42-44" are 'to fit' actual measurements will be larger, Large should measure between 46-48" when laid flat.
2) I must apologies as the previous Large must have had in the wrong label. - 2 separate orders?
3) Different make and therefore sizing
4) If you were to measure the older garments I can assure you they will not actually measure 42-44" - YES THEY DO!
5) I can assure you the Large you have on will have measured the same when it left us and should still although washing and tumble drying could potentially reduce this slightly.
6) the Bottle Green polo shirts you have are a completely different make and also these could have shrunk during the past year and a half since you received these back in June 2010 of constant washing and tumble drying
7) I am unsure why your older garments are smaller and if you were to have told us this when you received them we would have happily exchanged them, The large you have received are correctly sized. - Yeah right.
8)The latest products you have received are of the correct size, the previous delivery back in June 2010 looks as though the Large from that order (assuming the bottle green polo shirt show in the picture is Large) was wrongly sized and we could have exchanged those if we were told about them once received back in June 2010
9) The shirt in the picture that fits is obviously too small to be a large - Even though I have ordered large twice and got this size?
10) According to the wrap size guide this should be a medium, please accept my apologies over the 2010 order but unfortunately faults need to be notified to ourselves within 7 days although we do usually accept this within 2/3 weeks.
11) Unfortunately our phone lines are jammed at the moment, you could keep trying on 0871 288 3562 however there are call queues in excess of 15+ minutes. - sounds familiar
12) I am the owner of the business so I know the ins and outs of this but I am willing to transfer you to the Customer Service manager for the 2nd opinion if you'd like? - How generous! transfer me to someone who you pay wages to.
13) I understand this is how you feel and I have tried to explain the situation however I am not sure this is coming across correctly so I am hoping one of my employees can do better than me in this case, please hold. - I think anyone could have done better Oliver.
Chat with new adviser excuses
1) We apologise if we have sent you undersized garments before now but unfortunately as we have sent the correct size we are unable to help you further on this matter
2) I can see your other orders are well over one year old, it is possible some of these may have shrunk over the year or they were supplied with the wrong labels.
3) I am sorry if your previous products have shrunk as this is the only explanation.
4) I am unable to assist further with this, please talk to your CAB regarding this matter. - Great customer service.
5) As their is no fault with the goods and they are excluded from the Sales of goods act I am unable to provide a Returns authorization number.
I am unable to assist further regarding this matter - Operator Nicola has left the chat.
The chat is ended.
Just shows you all what some companies can get away with, once they have your money in their pocket they are no longer interested.
I will not order from them again and would advise anyone looking for work wear to avoid this joke of a company. Well done Oliver!
Connect with Facebook to get one click access to Trustpilot. It's easier.Sign up with Facebook