Sometimes things go wrong and then we are quick to give bad reports about it but when things go as planned we don't give praise where it is due. Having ordered a bed from Dreams and had four delivery dates which they never met and then to find out the bed wasn't even in the warehouse, I was worried it might happen again when I ordered a new bed from Bensons for Beds. I needn't have worried, I was given a delivery date when I ordered the bed and the bed was delivered, on the stated date and put together where I wanted it.
Thank you Bensons for restoring my confidence in ordering goods from high street shops.
Similar to most of the reviews on here we were let down on the delivery of our bed, not once but four times. After ordering our bed in November 2011 we were told we would have it before Christmas.
* We were contacted by telephone and given a time slot on the 19th December........ Never arrived!
* We were contacted with another date of the 23rd December.
* Another phone call with a delivery date of the 24th December. When I asked what about the 23rd and which day should I wait in, I was told not to worry if I was out on the 23rd then it would be delivered on the 24th. So I waited in both days...............Never arrived
* Returned to shop after Christmas and after shop assistant phoned Dreams contact at warehouse was given a date of the 9th January............. Never arrived
* Went back to shop and manager said he would sort it out and contact me the following day, which he did to inform me the bed was not in the warehouse and they didn't know when or if it would be in. So he then cancelled my oder as instructed by me.
After numerous phone calls to try and get my money back I eventually received it...... Except for the free mattress cover which I would have to pay £29.99 for.
* Returned to shop and only £7 credited to my account, so I am still waiting for £22.99.
Obviously I made a complaint on Dreams website, to which I never received a reply. I then phoned Dreams and asked about compensation for costs incurred and failed delivery dates to which I was told that I was not being charged for cancelling my order.
Since then we went to Bensons for beds, was given a date of delivery the same day and it was delivered on the date we were given.
Sorry if you are reading this review after placing your order, hopefully you will have better luck when you order your bed from someone else.
emailed the directors of Dreams and received a reply, apologising and offering to reimburse me for my expenses. They also, as a gesture of goodwill, offered me £100 of Dream’s shopping vouchers, which I accepted.
Having talked to a lot of the Dreams staff they are all worried about the adverse comments on sites like this and state that it only started with the use of Yodel. Let’s hope that these problems with delivery can be sorted out, considering that the Dreams staff have always been pleasant and professional when dealing with me.
I have had a call from Yodel giving me a delivery date, seven weeks after cancellation of the order. Doesn’t seem like they have got their act together yet!
Connect with Facebook to get one click access to Trustpilot. It's easier.Sign up with Facebook
You were not logged in with the entered details. Please try again.
Hi there, it looks like we're having trouble getting you logged in.
No worries though, our friendly support team will help get you back up and running as usual. Just get in touch.
Hi there, it looks like you still haven't activated your account.
No worries though, it's easy-- check your inbox for the email we just sent you, and click on the link.