As a PAYG customer, I found:-
- you have to pay 50p for every call to customer services
- the tariff was really high
- the packages don't allow for internet browsing
- what a struggle to get my PAC code and leave!!!
BT would be ok if the prices were competitive but they are not and so all you are paying for is service. Except the service is dire... Indian call centres, a website that never gives you the answer you need and even though its another Bt company who look after the lines, BT customers have to wait just the same as all the people who are with the cheaper companies.
The upsides of shopping online at Tesco for groceries are:-
1. You don't have to take the children with you to the supermarket. This has to be the best news ever for someone with a baby or toddler.
2. the groceries get delivered to your kitchen
3. you aren't tempted to buy a load of stuff you don't want just because you see it!
4. the staff seem better at finding the obscure stuff than I am (I usually leave without at least one thing I meant to buy when in the store)
5. no queues at the checkout
6. no loading up the car boot in the rain
The downsides are:-
1. A delivery charge
2. Meat, fish, diary and vegetables that are closer to the sell-by date than you could get if you were able to choose in the shop
I've been a first direct customer for years and i've never had a problem. If you need a branch service you can use HSBC but 99.99% is done over the phone. You get to speak to real human beings (who are in the Uk, not in India) and they know their jobs. I would recommend First Direct to anyone.
I was impressed with the prices and fats, efficient service. My only criticism is that the delivery charges should be tiered so that its is cost effective to place an order below £40
Connect with Facebook to get one click access to Trustpilot. It's easier.Sign up with Facebook
You were not logged in with the entered details. Please try again.
Hi there, it looks like we're having trouble getting you logged in.
No worries though, our friendly support team will help get you back up and running as usual. Just get in touch.
Hi there, it looks like you still haven't activated your account.
No worries though, it's easy-- check your inbox for the email we just sent you, and click on the link.