I have bought several items from this company, so I'm not that surprised. Still, considering this item shipped from Hong Kong (& without all the customs' messes that are common in Ebay), the shipping is quick & seamlessly easy. Well done! The item is as good as described too! (I bought Sony NEX-6, btw)
I had been searching for a good custom-made laptop with decent shipping reliability as well as good customer service. What makes me feeling enticed to change my laptop is the extremely slow HDD. Coupled with faulty DVD Drive, I couldn't change the hard drive and that's when I decided to have a look and try at PC Specialist Ltd, seeing lots of positive reviews by then.
I ordered the 15.6 Inch Optimus II with these configurations:
- 15.6" Glossy Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
- Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-2670QM (2.20GHz) 6MB
- 8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY
- nVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M - 2GB DDR3 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
- 120GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s
- 500GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD5000BPKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
- GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ 1102 WIRELESS GAMING 802.11N NETWORK CARD
It costed me about £1050, which for me is a decent value for money compared to other similarly-configured laptops with brands. The order process was relatively straightforward, quick and efficient. Since I was being so impatient, I decided to fast track the order to 5 Days Dispatch, but seriously; I was shocked by the speed of the build, which was only 2 days including the order processing, building, quality testing and finally awaiting dispatch. I guess I should have regretted my decision of fast tracking the order, haha.
The DPD service was not as quick as I wished, but since I lived in Northern Ireland, no major qualms here. When the laptop finally arrived, my first impressions:
- I love the keyboard. it's quite rare actually to have a full-fledged keyboard with the number pads on a 15 inch laptop.
- The screen: Gorgeous. I am a casual photographer, and editing pictures on Adobe Lightroom 3 has been much more enjoyable than it used to be on my old 1366x768 laptop screen. I'm not really sure about whether it's worthy enough to upgrade into matte, though.
- Laptop responsiveness: Outstanding. I know this comes from the Intel SSD 520 Series installed in it, but the fact that this laptop arrived with this stuff integrated made my job much easier.
However, I couldn't see the second HDD, supposedly the 500gb 7200rpm; in the Computer section. I had initial thought that they built this stuff so quickly that they forgot to put it in. Fingers crossed. But that's where customer service comes in play, right?
My hearing is not that good, so I decided to try the Live Support Online (that was the first time I tried it). The wait for representatives to online was quite long, but it's actually quite worth it. The representative, Darrin Cooper was very helpful. He (or she?) explained what should I do step by step to find the HDD, which eventually was not formatted and initialised yet. Now, my ultimate multimedia laptop is in perfect state.
As a conclusion, I am happily to rate Pc Specialist Ltd a 5-Star in general, with the more detailed ratings here:
Ordering process: 5/5
Value for money: 4/5
Customer Support: 5/5
Overall, I am a happy man now.
Connect with Facebook to get one click access to Trustpilot. It's easier.Sign up with Facebook