Our Odina Homebase Kitchen
1. Sent a fitter who was not registered under Section P of Buildings regulations to work on kitchens, delayed coming to fit the kitchen by three weeks after the agreed date, put a plastic pipe in the wall, which had it been left would have expanded with hot water and cracked the wall, plastered a wall unevenly, did not check the delivery or the plans and was rude and threatening.
2. Homebase illegally suggested that we get another electrician to sign off the work and did not support us with the fitter problems.
3. Once we had got rid of disasterous fitter and found our own nice competent one, he checked all the plans and found numerous measuring mistakes and technical problems with the design, including the fact that the designer had decided that we did not need a full size dishwasher and had designed in a slimline one instead and also arbitrarily decided without telling us that he was going to seal up our dining room hatch.
4. When the order arrived several things were missing and damaged.
5. Homebase agreed to re-order the missing, damaged and mismeasured items and confirmed that they had done so and then a month later we found out they had not. Everything has to come from Germany and so takes 4-6 weeks from order date so this error delayed the fitting for 9 weeks. In the meantime we had no functioning kitchen and were having to carry bowls of water from upstairs to wash up etc and then empty them into the garden.
6. When the re-order arrived there were further items damaged and missing – which then had to be re-ordered again, delaying completion of the kitchen for another month. Leading me to develop severe pains in my back due to coping without a sink.
7. Because we had no kitchen we had to cancel several social arrangements with family over the holiday period and live on take aways and microwaveable food.
8. Caused us months of stress, worry, distress and inconvenience and in the end it took nine months from the date of order until the kitchen was fully installed.
I could mention many other facts, but the full sorry saga took 8 pages in a complaints letter to Homebase and would take you too long to read.
9. They did eventually give us a bit of money back on the whole deal but we were left with very bitter feelings about the whole experience.
miss ingrid found this review useful
It was very easy to order, I was kept informed about delivery all the way along, the delivery came on time and the team were polite and friendly and efficient.
The price was very good and I am very pleased with the machine.
I recently bought a dishwasher from Appliances Online. The price was the best I could find and the service was excellent. Great communication throughout the transaction and updates on delivery by email and text.
The delivery team came on time and were polite and efficient.
What more can anyone ask.
Great suitcases - we are very pleased with them.. Thanks for including the extra padlocks and weighing scales - very helpful!
Thanks again for the wonderful service and communication throughout the transaction.
We would definitely use you again!
Connect with Facebook to get one click access to Trustpilot. It's easier.Sign up with Facebook
You were not logged in with the entered details. Please try again.
Hi there, it looks like we're having trouble getting you logged in.
No worries though, our friendly support team will help get you back up and running as usual. Just get in touch.
Hi there, it looks like you still haven't activated your account.
No worries though, it's easy-- check your inbox for the email we just sent you, and click on the link.