My wife transferred to you a few months back and you have done nothing but cause her stress ever since this time.
Every time she has celled you, well to be blunt you have been a waste of time and a costly one as well as you leave her on hold for half hour and your not on a free number, perhaps as you are so poor at customer service getting a FREE phone number would be a good idea or you could be on a cut with the telephone companies who knows.
Anyway lets begin with First Utility's catalogue of errors for the Rogers family.
* We were told we would have smart meters installed within 90 days of joining you and it took 5 months to come and install them at our property (did you get lost !!)
* To start with there was a dispute between you and our previous supplier N.Power (who right now seem to be far better than you!) over the amount we had used they said less than what was on the meeter, so we were told to not pay by direct debit and to call you with meeter readings in case you charged us with a massive bill.
* The meeter readings which my wife called you with (at our cost on the phone!!) she was told 5 months!! later that they were not been accepted by your system so we kept getting estimated bills.
* Finally in June you sorted the whole mess out, well done didn't take long! but then we had problems on the direct debit front tried to set up again and it didn't go through and so when we got back off our holiday (which was nice thanks for asking!) we had a lovely letter from you saying that we were in debt to you, but my wife had given the green light to set up the direct debit check you call logs please!
* So in June then the direct debit (or for short if you will DD) was accepted and set up and we were told on the 12th of every month we would have the money taken (you know where we are going here don't you!!)
* At this point my wife was told that she would now also probably not be in line for the duel fuel discount at the end of the year because we have not paid the rest by DD ! YOU TOLD US NOT TOO!!!! so how can you do that, and i now in trust that this email will certainly qualify us for the discount
* 12th of July comes round and you had not taken the payment, so my wife calls you to find out why and she was told that if it had not gone out on that day that it wouldn't go out at a later date so then she paid on the debt card. And you will never guess what happened next go on ask around the office see if anyone can and if they can i will provide a spot prize if someone does !!!!!! Yes on the 13th the very next day the DD was taken after she was told it wouldn't and had already paid the bill !! Do you work on commission by the way because this is a quality way of building up your bonus.
* So another phone call to you on your still not FREE number (look into the Free number could be a winner!!) and she explained to your member of staff what had happened and was told that she would need to contact the bank to try and claim the money back, we popped into the bank as they don't do free phone numbers as well (yes i did mention it to them to look into doing this) and we put in a claim to get back the DD, which in the end was rejected due to the reason that you have to give has not been accepted (apparently a poor company service from you was not good enough!) We called you back and was told it would take 10 days from you to sort and that a bank would sort quicker, at this point my wife asked about breaking the contract and when she could leave and who ever she spoke to was not interested!!
* We called back today to explain and was now old it would be 28 days to sort out with you (make you minds up!) my wife was then put in touch with Chris McAteer (apologies if i have spelt the guys name wrong) who was very helpful (YES you have a helpful member of staff give him a pay rise he deserves one) he agreed that everything that has been done is wrong and explained to us to get in touch with our bank and what to explain to them which i did as to not stress my good lady out any more and it has now worked the bank are to refund the money back to us.
We will be leaving you when our contract is up with you because this is poor and if i was this poor in my job i would have been given the push, everyone these days looks around the Internet for reviews before moving somewhere and i will be posting this type of message on every internet blog site, Facebook page, twitter feed that i can find that is energy related to warn people of the poor service that they could come to get from you.
Claire found this review useful
Connect with Facebook to get one click access to Trustpilot. It's easier.Sign up with Facebook