The call center I assume based in India is hard work with the language barrier, especially if you have any query outside the norm. Unfortunately the language barrier takes a long time to explain. Everything has to be painfully spelt out and the operators, continually have to refer to a more senior person.
On a positive note when it works and you don't have to call them it's great value and in London speeds seem adequate.
Pay your money and take your choice, but it could be a lot better!
Have used these guys about three times. As a landlord who needs to get deliveries to rental properties, I have found the experience on occasions great, but otherwise frustrating.
- An electric cooker which was delivered had to be switched to a gas cooker and Appliances on line where excellent at switching this.
- Appliances on line have cancelled orders of mine almost every time, despite the card going through visa verify (what is the point), due to different delivery addresses being used, as these where different from the billing address. On one occasion an order was cancelled without letting myself or the tenants know. I had people waiting all day for a delivery which did not turn up.
- There is no way for you to set up an account with Appliances on line, you have to enter all the details in everytime you use them.
- Firstly if you can not take a risk on separate delivery addresses - use the Amazon check out facilities. These are brilliant and means you to do not have to re-enter information all the time and it is geared up to deliver to other addresses.
- Enable an account to be set up and re-used.
Competitive prices and a focus on worktops makes doing business relatively easy. You can actually speak to someone if need be.
Room for improvement
The last time I ordered from these guys was during the Olympics in London. They phoned me and arranged a special delivery for an additional £60 charge as couriers where avoiding the area. Which i understood In the event the roads in west London were empty, so the courier company had an easy journey.. However the guy that delivered the goods would not assist the builder in taking the work tops up a flight of stairs. having paid additional money really for nothing this last part of the service let the whole transaction down. I am hoping this will not happen again.
Bought two separate Valliant boiler from Plumb Nation this year. The web site is clear and prices are competitive.
The only issue is delivery times to London need to be improved. It usually takes 4 working days to get the boilers delivered. On these two orders it was not a problem for me. However if I need a boiler fast, this rules plumb nation out and I will have to get the plumber to buy them locally.
I have had two deliveries for major things from Plumb World from these guys.
The first they must have delivered it to the wrong address and took it upon themselves to cancel the whole order, it was then sent from London all the way back up to the Midlands and caused me a lot of grief and time wasting.In the end they had another courier company deliver it.
The second time the company has delivered products (Radiators) to another address and they say it has been signed for............ I now have to waste time trying to resolve the issues as well as holding up a lot of work.
Connect with Facebook to get one click access to Trustpilot. It's easier.Sign up with Facebook
You were not logged in with the entered details. Please try again.
Hi there, it looks like we're having trouble getting you logged in.
No worries though, our friendly support team will help get you back up and running as usual. Just get in touch.
Hi there, it looks like you still haven't activated your account.
No worries though, it's easy-- check your inbox for the email we just sent you, and click on the link.