I can see many people raving about wix and saying how great it is to have a free website etc and whilst it may look great at first, it is really awful.
I must say that I am very disappointed with Wix for the following reasons:
1. Once a website has been designed (and the designing is probably the only good thing about Wix) the website DOES NOT LOAD PROPERLY on some computers and particularly on ipads and iphones. You must design an extra mobile site for these to be viewable on those. Otherwise your PICTURES AND WRITING COULD BE IN THE WRONG ORDER, misplaced or just completely MESSED UP and not at all like how you designed it.
I designed mine on a mac and it was perfect but when I looked on a windows computer, the writing had changed order and the website looked like a child of 5 had designed it.
2. WIX WEBSITES TAKE A LONG TIME TO LOAD despite having a very fast broadband connection. I noticed this myself and friends have told me that my websites has taken OVER A MINUTE TO LOAD on a fast broadband connection. This is very bad for a professional website because if you are dealing with customers, they will probably think your website is not working and go on to your competitor. Some of my friends actually did think my website was not working when trying to view it.
WEBSITES SHOULD NOT TAKE THIS LONG TO LOAD
3. Is the website free? Yes, but only if you keep the wix address which is VERY UNLIKELY TO APPEAR IN GOOGLE SEARCHES and you do not mind having a very unprofessional WIX ADVERT AT THE BOTTOM AND TOP OF THE WEBSITE which will make your website look like it has some kind of virus attached to it.
Otherwise YOU MUST PAY QUITE A BIT OF MONEY MONTHLY OR YEARLY. On their website they display a lovely table with all the different plans and prices which makes you think you're getting a reasonable deal but THE PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE VAT WHICH IS ADDED ON AT THE FINAL BILL and the table leads you to believe that you get a free domain address under the monthly payments scheme with little ticks under all the benefits you get - BUT YOU DO NOT GET A FREE WEBSITE DOMAIN WITH MONTHLY PAYMENTS - ONLY IF YOU PAY YEARLY.
So before you have even started, Wix has already tricked you several times.
4. If you have a problem with designing your website or any other aspect of your website, YOU CAN ONLY CONTACT WIX ON A FORUM - THERE IS NO DIRECT CONTACT FOR SUPPORT.
YOU CAN ONLY USE THE FORUM IF YOU PAY FOR YOUR WEBSITE
Once you have posted your problem, you must then wait for a reply on the forum. I posted my problem 6 days ago and my problem is still not fixed. I thought that perhaps the support team had forgotten my case after days of not getting a reply, so I reposted my question asking them to deal with it and got an email just saying "Please refrain from putting multiple posts on the forum" - I put one extra post on the forum (not multiple) and just because I wanted an update on my problem. It is not possible to know if your problem is being fixed, you just have to wait.
5. DESIGNING WEBSITE CAN BE FRUSTRATING - Although the idea behind Wix is good and it is good to have a place to create a website by dragging and adding things, it can sometimes be frustrating because you try to move things and they won't go where you want them to, you only seem to be allowed one font for the entire website - It does not seem possible to change it within the same text box or on different pages (If I am wrong then it is not obvious how to do it) and you get a help box that you have to close every single time after completing an action and you cannot stop that - so every time you try to write something or change the position of something, the box appears getting in the way of your work.
All in all, I have very unhappy with WIX and am regretting putting in so much work to make the website and to think that I am paying for this awful service. I will just take my website to another provider.
IF YOU WANT A GREAT WEBSITE FORGET WIX - USE ANOTHER PROVIDER!!!
Q LSK Lewis found this review useful
Connect with Facebook to get one click access to Trustpilot. It's easier.Sign up with Facebook