Whilst the hire price was reasonable this was not my best car hire experience and in summary:
1) Booked on line and first time I have used Car Del Mar; their supply partner was Avalon who were based in reasonably close proximity to the airport (short mini bus ride)
2) At the agreed rendezvous point I had to call Avalon for a pick-up
3) Staff on the Avalon desk were curt
4) An unexpected 200 Euros deposit was taken off my Visa card in addition to the full rental price
5) The allocated vehicle was an Alfa Romeo which was passed its best with numerous defects including multiple scratches and marks, broken side light, scruffy interior, missing sun visor and loose parcel shelf and came complete with its very own ants nest!
6) Upon returning the vehicle staff were again curt and I was asked to move the vehicle from the front customer car park area to the rear compound which was a little frustrating.
Connect with Facebook to get one click access to Trustpilot. It's easier.Sign up with Facebook