Hannah Champney´s profile

Reviews (1)

Petfleas

No problem with the service but the product is no good!

The product seemed reasonably priced and it arrived quickly, but I used it on both of my cats, following the instructions exactly as always, and a week later they both still have fleas. The product claims to just be discounted Frontline, so I don't understand at all why it hasn't worked, but I'm not very impressed.

22 November 2012

Reply from Petfleas

Dear Hannah,

I am very sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced via your Trustpilot Review.

Petfleas.co.uk is a vet run company which is one of few websites in the country to be endorsed by the government run Veterinary Medicines Directorate. This means that we are constantly monitored and governed. When we receive a report that one of the products we sell is not working, we take this very seriously and take steps to ensure that your complaint is dealt with immediately. To help you with your problem we have informed the manufacturer(Merial in this case) and also the VMD themselves. This allows the VMD and Merial to investigate if there is a potential problem with the efficacy of the product.

Merial who make Frontline have a dedicated team, who will be likely to contact you with regards to your problem shortly. They will then determine a suitable course of action, and advise and help yourself and your cats.

There can be many reasons why using a spot on alone does not completely eradicate fleas. One of these reasons, is due to an environmental challenge. When your cat has fleas, only 5% of the fleas live on the cat, the other 95% survive in the environment (pets beddings, carpets etc.) This is worsened during this time of year, as central heating can cause dormant fleas to hatch and re-infest your cat.

Unfortunately in this situation the only way to completely eradicate fleas, is to also use a household spray in addition to the spot on treatments, which for approximately £10, protects your house for 12 months.

Should you require any further information or help please to not hesitate to contact one of our trained staff who can provide you with advise and information on how to keep your home and cats completely flea free.

Kind Regards

Hannah Champney´s profile

profile image of Hannah Champney
Hannah Champney
Reviewer
United Kingdom

About