I've booked the apartment in Seoul for 15 days within about 1.5 months in advance, and 4 days before the arrival date the host cancelled the reservation without telling me anything. First of all, I was a little stressed, because I had to find a new place to stay, with a reasonable money, in a quite an expensive district, and fast.
I saw that airbnb credited the money on my account and added some 80 euro if I need to book new more expensive place to stay.
But when I opened my account, I saw that I can't book anything because my account was temporarily blocked because they needed some few extra documents on my property listed there (and I sent them already a day before). I started to write to airbnb, saying that the issue is urgent, that I need to be able to book room from my account, because the money are freezed there, and it's only few days left. I didn't get any responce within 2 days. After 2 days there was an official response saying that some other documents are needed, which I've sent very fast and my account was succesfully unblocked.
But I already requested the refund, and booked a room from other website, because I couldn't wait.
So, airbnb made it impossible to use the extra 80 euro, as well as use the money credited on my account, because they didn't attend my case as an urgent.
And now I've ordered a more expensive accomodation, in not exactly the same area I wanted (though at airbnb I saw comfortable options available, which I couldn't book), and my money are still stuck in airbnb and about to be given back in few days.
From the happened things I understood the next things:
1) Airbnb is taking the fraud quite seriously, making sure that host is a host, not anyone else.
2) Airbnb will not respond to the urgent issues
3) As a customer, I can face a very uncomfortable cancellation, and even asks for help will not solve anything
4) In case of the cancellation the money will be stuck in airbnb account for 3-5 days (which i couldn't use in time, because my current booking was about to finish after 4 days).
5) Customer has to carry extra money to be ready for such kind of situations, for the double-booking somewhere while the money is being returned from airbnb.
Connect with Facebook to get one click access to Trustpilot. It's easier.Sign up with Facebook
You were not logged in with the entered details. Please try again.
No worries though, our friendly support team will help get you back up and running as usual. Just get in touch.
No worries though, it's easy-- check your inbox for the email we just sent you, and click on the link.