Normally I use two other vendors or Ebay to buy fishing tackle when I don't have time to get to the tackle shopduring the week. But as the other two vendors advised they didn't have stock I decided to place an order with these guys.
Sad to say, I assumed the terms and conditions would be the same as my other two online vendor's. Sadly not. I made a school boy error of not reading them prior to confirming order. So a bit of advice
1. READ T&C's very carefully before ordering. (These will be quoted to you in the eventual online reply).
2. Please TAKE NOTE there is no phone number to call this firm on or direct email address. It's "ONLINE CONTACT FORM ONLY".
3. DONT ORDER if your under a time constraint. Paying a premium "NEXT DAY" delivery charge doesn't mean you will get it next day. It means they will ship it "NEXT DAY" once the order has been processed. (My case 24hrs to process the order).
4. If you have issues, DONT expect a quick response. You may get one quickly but don't expect it. Apparently in my case it was 3 hrs to get a reply. But by my clock it was more like 4 hrs. Quite frustrating! Wwould of been much quicker to of been able to phone the vendor. The other two vendors I use generally pick up the order as it comes in and phone you back if there are issues within 30 mins and it is always posted the same day as long as it is prior to 4.30pm.
5. Get your orders in before 8.30am if you really need it next day.
6. Finally check your VAT charges. I was overcharged. I only noticed once I had a good look at the invoice. Only by 60p or so but still, if everyone is getting overcharged it's a good way of gettign extra income.
After the initial contact I questioned why nobody called me to which I got the reply - QUOTE "We felt there was no need to call as our response answered your query. I must correct you on the waiting time for a response, we replied under 3 hours since your original ticket. Please bare in mind that we receive hundreds of tickets a day during busy periods, and a lot of people are shopping with us this week to get ready for the summer, so we are busier than usual. We are only human, and feel that we have dealt with your order as we should of, it was dispatched within the correct time frame as shown in our terms and conditions. I can understand that you are frustrated because you want your bait today, but we haven't done anything wrong, and have replied to you within a reasonable time - some companies don't reply for up to 24 hours!"
So thats all OK then.. It's alll my fault for not reading T&C's and expecting "NEXT DAY" delivery to actually mean NEXT DAY delivery, especially after paying a premium for delivery. :-) CHEERS Tackle UK
Anyway, my fingers are crossed that I get my bait in time 2morrow 48+ hrs after initial order was placed. If not the frozen bait will thaw out and be no good on Monday and not sure the receptionist will enjoy the smell over the weekend :-)
Happy shopping. Personally I won't use this firm again and I will stick with my other two firms. At least I can pick up the phone and have a polite conversation with them.
Connect with Facebook to get one click access to Trustpilot. It's easier.Sign up with Facebook
You were not logged in with the entered details. Please try again.
No worries though, our friendly support team will help get you back up and running as usual. Just get in touch.
No worries though, it's easy-- check your inbox for the email we just sent you, and click on the link.