Have been very very impressed with DIY Kitchens. Okay, so you need to know what to order (including end panels, plinth, cornice, handles), but ordering is pretty straightforward and it is well worth making the effort as the prices are amazing.
Things I have really liked about DIY Kitchens:-
- Massive range of unit sizes / styles, allowing you to create a truly bespoke looking kitchen
- Good quality units. Was a little nervous about how good the quality would be, but even our carpenters who fitted the kitchen were impressed!
- Ready built units. Saved loads of time at installation
- Colours. We went for a painted kitchen, and could pick ANY Farrow & Ball colour
- Unit 'options'. You can ask for units to be dry assembled, and have screw in feet, allowing you to adapt units easily. We have used base unit on a base unit to create mid height oven housings, and done the same to create some extra high storage areas.
- Massive selection of 'finishing touches' - pop up power points, intergrated bins, magic corner units etc etc
- Tea & biscuits with the order - carpenters were very happy.
- Sorting out post delivery problems. We had a couple of doors missing. These took about 10 days to come, but we were kept informed and they were very helpful!
If I could change anything about their service (and I'm getting petty now)
- Would be great to get sample painted boards for the bespoke painted kitchens (we chose colours from test patches painted in the wall)
- Delivery notes that are easier to check off against the order (need to ensure everything is okay within 48 hours).
Other things to consider if you order from DIY kitchens:-
- Don't underestimate the space you will need when the cabinets arrive!
- Be sure of what you need before you order!
- Get yourself a good fitter (who can often advise on what you will need in terms of panels / cornices before you order)
- Measure carefully and check how units fit (i.e. does it fit flush against the wall?) You can phone DIY Kitchens for this information.
I am a very happy customer and would heartily recommend DIY Kitchens.
Ordered 3 lengths of Iroko worktop for our new kitchen. Easy ordering and swift delivery (delivery by own drivers, who were friendly, courteous and helpful).
If you follow the care instructions, then you will have great worktops. I did some light sanding, oiling and another very light sand before oiling again, and they look great (and look FAR more expensive than they were).
Can't fault this company - am so impressed.
Was looking for a Bosch dishwasher. They were the cheapest, offered the fastest delivery on a day of my choosing (no extra cost), and kept me so well informed. Got emails and text messages to inform my of my delivery time slot (1.5 hour slot, delivery was made promptly in that time). Arranged for them to take the old dishwasher away, which was done swiftly, with no complaint from the delivery guys.
Overvall very impressed.
Connect with Facebook to get one click access to Trustpilot. It's easier.Sign up with Facebook