I first booked my return flight from Glasgow to Beijing with Budgetair on Dec 11th. Not long after, I received an email informing me that my flight was cancelled by the airline which is Air France. They offered me an alternative flight instead but I was not happy with the alternative. I emailed them back, asking weather I can change the date and I was told that I had to pay 130 pounds more. Of course I was not happy with that because according the airline's rule I can get my full refund back and just get another ticket. So I started this nightmare with Budget air....
1. Budget air is terribly slow at getting back to me( I first contacted them at Dec 18th and it usually takes them 2-3days to write back to me, until NOW, my issue has not been sorted)
2. I was very upset about their service so on Jan 6th I phoned their customer service hotline showed on their website. First, it was almost impossible to get to them, the hot line kept telling me I have to wait, I waited for half an hour and finally some one picked up the phone. Second, their customer service is the worst ever! Their employees do not even keep up their own word! I told them my situation that I am not happy with the cancellation. I was told that they can either ask the airline to get me a full refund or ask the airline for me regarding my special situation. And they promised me to call me back either within 20 minutes, or phone me back in the very next morning. I was so happy that I told myself, this is a quite responsible company!
3. It turned out I was just being innocent. I waited for their call-back until the very next day lunch time-- I still got no call back. I called them back again. After 20 mins waiting in the line, which I expected already, I got to the line with another customer representative. First I asked him why they never called me back, the guy totally ignored me,"oh, yeah, my co-worked phoned the airline for you and they can't provide a date change for you''. Then I asked them to get me a full refund as they promised. The guy over the phone started to hesitate,'' please hold on for a minute, let me check for you'' '' Oh, I am sorry but your ticket is non refundable'' Then he started to tell me all these bullshit like''oh, you have to accept this, its unfair but you have to. You can either accept the alternative, or if you want to cancel the tickets, you will get no money back. '' he blamed KLM for not giving me back my refund. Then he told me, if I can get KLM's agreement of giving my full refund, budget air would give me my money back.
4. I phoned the airline KLM. I was told that i can get a full refund in my situation because I didn't accept the alternative after cancellation by the airline. BUT I had to deal with the agency because I paid the agency. Only the agency can give me refund. They also suggest me to ask the agency to contact KLM because the trade department of KLM would only deal with agencies instead of individuals.
5. I phoned budget air again. Its a woman this time with no passion at all picked up the phone. She refused to contact KLM for and told me there is nothing she can do. Her service is the worst ever! PLEASE everyone, imagine those emotionless staff working at the customs at an airport, or someone who has depression working at a ticket office. I wish I recorded our conversation!!!! The HR must be drunk to hire her for a customer representative!!!!
6. After all these, I was so tired of waiting in the line, and talking to their rude customer representatives. So I decided to email them the refund and compensation rules on the KLM website on Jan 8th. Then they just never got back to me!
I have no idea how a company like this can survive, just because of the cheap flights????
UNTIL NOW, I HAVEN"T HEARD BACK FROM BUDGETAIR! !
I CHECKED MY PHONE BALANCE, AND I SPENT OVER 80 POUNDS ON WAITING IN THE LINE AND PHONING THEM FOR ABOUT LESS THAN 1 HOUR TALKING IN TOTAL, WHERE AS ON THEIR WEBSITE, IT SAYS 10 P PER MINUTE!!!!
Connect with Facebook to get one click access to Trustpilot. It's easier.Sign up with Facebook
You were not logged in with the entered details. Please try again.
No worries though, our friendly support team will help get you back up and running as usual. Just get in touch.
No worries though, it's easy-- check your inbox for the email we just sent you, and click on the link.