Do not do as I did and be suckered into buying anything from Games Basement because of its apparent comparatively low prices and by its slick website. Remember a golden rule; if it seems too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.
On 12 June 2011 thought I bought a Nintendo 3DS Console for £157.99. Guess what?...still no console and/or no refund! The following are a list of lies (and, to be fair, a truth) I’ve had from Games Basement in the meantime:
• You will be charged for your purchase of the Goods when we have despatched the Goods. – LIE! MY CREDIT CARD WAS CHARGED IMMEDIATELY AFTER PAYMENT. THE CONSOLE HAS NEVER BEEN DESPATCHED.
• (After sending a message to Games Basement asking what’s happening with my order) Email received 16 June 2011 stating “Delivery Status : Dispatched” – LIE! IT HAS NEVER BEEN DESPATCHED.
• Email received 17 June 2011 stating “On the 16/6/11 your order is in the process of being packed and sent off” – LIE! NOT ONLY DOES THIS CONTRADICT THEIR PREVIOUS EMAIL, BUT ALSO THE CONSOLE HAS NEVER BEEN DESPATCHED.
• EMAIL RECEIVED 30 June 2011 “Games Basement are now processing your order for cancellation. It will take me aprroximately 24 hours to recall this item back from the courier…
You shall receive a separate email notification to confirm when the refund has been processed by the finance team, this can usually take 7 working days (but it may be done sooner).” - LIE! THE CONSOLE HAS NEVER BEEN DESPATCHED SO THERE WAS NOTHING TO RECALL FROM A COURIER. THEY CAN’T SPELL APPROXIMATELY. AND AS FOR THE REFUND, READ ON
• EMAIL RECEIVED 01 July 2011 “The Finance dept has confirmed this cancellation and will email you within the next 48 hours (working) regarding your refund.” - LIE! I HAD TO ASK IF THEIR ‘WORKING’ HOURS ACCTUALLY MEANT TWO DAYS (BECAUSE I GOT NOTHING AFTER THAT PERIOD OF TIME) OR IF I SHOULD CONSIDER THAT THEY DO 9 TO 5!
• Email received 18 July 2011 “we are currently processing you for a refund but we do have 30 working days to do so, as stated in the terms and conditions.” - TRUE! ALTHOUGH I WOULD SUGGEST SUCH AN ANSWER IS NOT CUSTOMER SERVICE BEST PRACTICE, AND (OF COURSE) 30 ‘WORKING’ DAYS LATER I STILL HAVE NO REFUND. THIS IS NOW IN THE HANDS OF MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY.
If you consider having anything to do with Games Basement, make up your own mind from all of the above and use your common sense. Not touching them even with a barge pole is common sense. And I’d be wary of customer satisfaction ratings from eKomi too.
Connect with Facebook to get one click access to Trustpilot. It's easier.Sign up with Facebook