I searched the Internet for a new Panasonic Lumix FZ200 Digital Camera and slrHut came up with best price and a few goodies thrown in. From the website (and phone business times) it was clear that the call centre was in the US and routed through a London UK office when calling the company. However I placed an order and paid for the camera and a case and shortly after got a mail asking me to contact sales to clarify the order and shipping (as I had mentioned this was a birthday gift and wanted to be sure the 7-10 day shipping was good and wanted a plain wrapper). Anyway before I managed to call john patrick from sales rang me and put me at ease saying the shipping would be on time and it will be delivered in a plain box. He was good to mention that the default battery was good for +- 500 shots and I might like to buy a hi output battery "which I had intended to do anyway here in the UK" so I agreed to include the extra battery an he also threw in a UV filter for the lens. So that was on the 28th May and following the DHL tracking it arrived at my door at 11:00 am on the 30th May Well done DHL (and SlrHut) Shame the case did not ship and I had to make a call to customer services but they agreed to ship it out the same day. (the complementary email asking me to contact sales followed and I called but was told to ignore its system generated) oh and one update email had the correct order number on but a wrong name (not mine) again a system glitch. However having unpacked and checked the camera everything else is there and a good array of extras (2x8mb SDHC cards, a small gorilla style tripod, lens cleaning material, protectors, usb/SDHC reader, card case and the free UV filter. I'm now excited waiting for the 10th so I can see how my over'arf likes her 50th birthday present.
- Ok this is shipped from the US but its a global shopping market so why not (I buy enough tat from China). and I would expect Panasonic to honour any warranty regardless of where its purchased.
- Price was at least £50 cheaper than almost anywhere else on Internet.
- No issues with Customs like some of the stuff from China
- Really helpful guys on the phone lines though I did have to wait a few minutes when calling (and its routing through London so not a US dial number).
- Yes they would love to sell you more but is that not what business is all about?
- Brilliant shipping from US to Suffolk England in 48hours (though I only requested and paid for 7-10 day shipping).
What more can I say? ...... other than if the camera is as good as the service from SlrHut then I'm happy.
Laurie (Suffolk, England)
Based on a recommendation I found that Frost had just the tools and consumables I needed. Having placed my order on-line I received immediate conformation followed by order processed notification and the very next day the items were here on my doorstep. I can't fault the service and having scanned their stock I will no doubt be using them again in the very near future.
Connect with Facebook to get one click access to Trustpilot. It's easier.Sign up with Facebook
You were not logged in with the entered details. Please try again.
No worries though, our friendly support team will help get you back up and running as usual. Just get in touch.
No worries though, it's easy-- check your inbox for the email we just sent you, and click on the link.