CPS were the best price for ORIGINAL battery. Battery was received well packed and in 2 days (Their promised delivery was 3-4 days).
We purchased nearly £2000 of oak bedroom furniture from Furniture Point in June this year. After visiting many showrooms and websites Furniture Point’s price was the best, just. However :-
- Despite their comments on their website clearly stating that delivery would be made by a two man team they tried to deliver the furniture with one man only.
- Despite waiting in all day the first delivery did not arrive as they claimed the road had been blocked by a workman’s van. It obviously did not occur to the driver to ask the workman to move the van. In any event as there was only one man he would not have been able to lift the furniture upstairs anyway.
- The second re-scheduled delivery meant we had to stay in all day again. Again only one man turned up so he was turned away. Some of the pieces were 75 kgs plus!
- The third re-scheduled delivery meant my wife had to stay in all day again. This time a van with two men. They asked my wife if she could open the garage door for them to leave the furniture in there. Furniture Point’s website clearly states furniture will be carried to room of choice. After a brief conversation the two men begrudgingly lifted the furniture upstairs. The three door wardrobe however they left downstairs!
- Two cartons were badly damaged, dirty and even had leaves inside. There were dirty marks all over the brand new carpet from these cartons.
- As we were going on holiday that evening we sent a quick email to Furniture Point advising them of the external damage and possible internal damage. Furniture Point subsequently claimed we had not advised them. That is until we copied the original email to them.
- When we returned from holiday we checked all items. The two damaged cartons containing the bed were falling apart and there were signs of damage to the contents. The mirror had a manufacturing fault and we had a Dining Room Sideboard that we had not ordered. Another disappointed client no doubt.
- After many phone calls and emails Furniture Point arranged a fourth delivery to collect the damaged bed and mirror and extra side board and deliver replacements.
- Despite several written and verbal instructions to call us 30 minutes before they arrived to ensure we were at home no call was made and my wife arrived home to find a calling card on the mat to say they had been! A few phone calls later and a fifth delivery attempt we finally had the furniture in the bedroom.
- The damaged and extra pieces were thrown into the van so no doubt received further damage on the way back to Furniture Point.
- Emails and phone calls to the Managing Director at Furniture Point to try and discuss this disaster and compensation have not been returned.
- Not even a thank you for telling them about the extra sideboard they delivered.
The furniture we have no issue with. It is good quality and well made however taking all the above into account, 5 deliveries, damaged goods, dirty carpet, begrudging delivery men, many, many ‘phone calls Furniture Point are probably the most expensive furniture outlet in the UK.
I leave you with their delivery promise which appears not once but twice on their website -
- “we will deliver your order using our premium 2 man service. Our team will take your item(s) to a room of your choice (subject to access) and wear white gloves and shoe covers for safety & cleanliness.” White gloves? Shoe Covers? Two men? Cleanliness? No, no, no and no.
- “Our uniformed delivery team will always wear white gloves and over shoes to ensure your home is fully protected.” Uniformed? Fully protected? No and no.
Sarah Stickland found this review useful
Connect with Facebook to get one click access to Trustpilot. It's easier.Sign up with Facebook
You were not logged in with the entered details. Please try again.
No worries though, our friendly support team will help get you back up and running as usual. Just get in touch.
No worries though, it's easy-- check your inbox for the email we just sent you, and click on the link.